Latest Updates

Institute 2 vs. Ballyclare Comrades 2

Following an impressive 4-0 victory away to Loughall last weekend, ‘Stute were looking to continue their promotional charge against Ballyclare Comrades at The Riverside Stadium.

Ballyclare got off to a very quick start with good pressing, and good football. They were particularly threatening down the left-hand side with winger and full back causing issues. Ballyclare forced ‘Stute to pass the ball around in their own half and eventually forced a mistake from goalkeeper and centre back and capitilised with an early goal. As the rain persisted, so did the Ballyclare attack eventually doubling their lead. However, as the first half came to a close, Jamie McIntyre fired a shot across goal to give ‘Stute something to take into the half-time break. The half time whistle came at a good time for both teamswith tempers flaring, and it gave ‘Stute time to regroup and organise.


The second half started as the first one ended, open and attacking football from both sides.  However, ‘Stute were responsible for their own difficulties with passes going astray under pressure from a very organised Ballyclare press. However, the home team preserved and created several opportunities throughout the second half. Gareth Brown game on mid-way through the second half and gave ‘Stute a new lease of life, scoring a one-on-one just two minutes after entering the game. Neither team was content with the one point and both sides pushed to try find a third, with the final opportunity falling to Gareth Brown after excellent movement in the box who headed over.  Credit must be given to Institute for their fighting spirit, and they showed great determination in their comeback from Ballyclare’s two goal lead.

At full time ‘Stute manager Kevin Deery added, “We have to keeping showing that comeback spirit. We have great spirit in the changing room, to do our best every time we take the pitch”

Final Score: Institute 2 vs Ballyclare Comrades 2
Report by Dylan Harvey

Leave a Reply